Hey All! I just tried this recipe out for Spicy Pulled Beef and fed it to the Blitz Conditioning team for lunch one day, we all loved it so I thought I’d share it with you!
- 2 lbs eye of round roast
- 1tbsp. fajita seasoning (I used Old El Paso – Smart Fiesta Sensee)
- 1 tsp. olive oil (I used Bertolli Extra Virgin olive oil but cooking spray like PAM works as well)
- 1 can (540ml) Italian Seasoned stewed tomatoes –no salt added
- 1 cup water
- Rub the fajita seasoning on the roast and then placed it in a preheated pan with the olive oil in it
- Sear all sides of the roast
- Put seared roast it in a crockpot with the water and the tomatoes
- Let it cook on low for 8-9 hours
- Take roast out and pull apart and put it back in the crockpot
- Mix together and let simmer for another 10-20 minutes
- If you want a little more spice you can add more fajita seasoning or your own favorite spices.
This pulled beef goes well with rice and potatoes and whatever side veggies you want.
Here’s the nutritional breakdown too just in case you’re interested:
- Calories 215
- Calories from Fat 79.3
- Total Fat 8.81g
- Saturated Fat 3.63g
- Cholesterol 71.11mg
- Sodium 168.15mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.11g
- Dietary Fiber 0.44g
- Sugars 1.56g
- Protein 28.67g
Try it out and tell me what you think!