We’re now a full month into 2012 so it’s time for a checkup on how your goals are going. Remember how we talked about how we should focus on fulfillment as a New Years resolution instead of just plain health goals?
We have been excited to see so many new faces at Blitz Conditioning; from people who are accessing our personal training, to group classes, to massage therapy and acupuncture. You’re taking the first steps to making health a lifestyle and not just a resolution! I found a speech from Arnold Schwarzenegger on his six rules of success and I thought I share it with you all.
Here are the Rules are:
- Trust yourself: you define who you want to be and what makes you happy. Don’t let circumstances around you or successes and failures overwhelm who you are.
- Break the Rules: what’s the point of being alive if all you are going to do is live within the confines of a box? We make changes by busting out of definitions!
- Don’t be afraid to fail: stop over-thinking and just start!
- Don’t listen to naysayers: have you shared your goals with others and they just laugh or tell you it’s not possible? keep pressing forward towards fulfilment, it’s a life-goal and not a temporal event.
- Work your butt off! As Arnold says: you have 24 hours in a day, if you sleep 6 hours then you have 18 to work with.
- Give back: giving back to a community leads to satisfaction and leads to fulfilment. Spread your joy, knowledge and time to others!