I hope your holiday season was restful and filled with great memories! It’s that time of year again: Resolutions. Whether it’s heading back to the gym, learning a new hobby, reconnecting with friends and family or everything in between, it’s this time of year that forces us to focus on goals for the next 12 months. About half of us are destined to make some sort of resolution or goal but lets be frank; only approximately half of the resolutions will make it past the six month period. Shocked? Well I’m not!
So here’s a Blitz Conditioning Community resolution:Let’s set a goal to seek fulfilment in the next 3 months. Fulfilment is an inner sense of gratification that we’ve contributed to something that will benefit others and unlike happiness, fulfilment isn’t temporary since we see it’s reaches extend to affect others aside from the people we have initially touched. Fulfilment is fun and it makes you happy! I’ve heard people say that they want to get fit for all of the following reasons but let’s give it a big picture view so they look like the following:
- “I want to get fit so I can run a 10 km race to benefit a charity.“
- “I want to get fit so I can keep my energy levels high and stay healthy to increase my quality of time spent with friends and family.”
- “I want to get fit so I can walk up a set of stairs without feeling like I need to take a ten minute break before I can talk.”
- “There’s a genetic heart condition in my family and I want to get fit to decrease the chance of having it so that I can spend more time with my family.”
- “I want to get fit so I stop aching all over the place and so that I can play sports with my friends again.”
See the difference when we look at fulfilment instead of just the goal?
Look beyond the immediate goal to see the big picture. When we can move into a fulfilment seeking mindset, our mood no longer dictates whether we fulfil our resolutions or not, we’re driven to do it by a force greater than motivation alone. Fulfilment drives our waking hours. We think, eat, sleep, and breathe our goals because it becomes a passion of ours not just to complete it but to do it in a significant and impacting way to benefit the community. Blitz Conditioning is focused on holistic health and our belief is that what drives our community is this sense that the sum of our intentions and goals are far greater than what we can do alone. Our individual passions drive us to keep pressing onwards as a group to benefit the greater Edmonton community.
The only road to creating whole life Fitness is to Focus on what matters the most which ultimately leads to Freedom.