If you’re anything like me you LOVE pumpkin pie but hesitate on taking a second slice because of the fat content. Well, did you know that most of the fat in pumpkin pie is in the crust?!?! Here’s a great no-crust, no-bake pumpkin pie without all the fat.
This makes a great low fat option for Thanksgiving so enjoy and make sure to share your thoughts in the comments below!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1-ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle gelatin in water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of fat-free evaporated milk into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and whisk into gelatin. Don’t worry if it the gelatin has hardened, the hot milk will liquefy it. Stir in remaining cup of evaporated milk, sugar, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
- Calories 152
- Carbohydrate 32.1g
- Fiber 1.7g
- Protein 5.4g
Originally posted on About.com