After a failed attempt at making homemade chicken burgers, I thought it would just be easier if I posted a tried an true recipe that I’ll be making later on today. I like this recipe because it’s super easy to make, I usually have almost all the ingredients at home and it’s a really good packable/on the go source of proteins and vegetables.
Plus, I have the day off from work today and will be hanging out at home so why not make something that will make the house smell delicious all day.
To make the healthy 3 bean turkey chilli you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 – 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 1 – 15 oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained)
- 1 – 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
Now that you’ve gathered everything up, here’s the quick and easy steps to bring this meal together.
- In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer
- pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
- Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir
- until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
- May sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.
This recipe should make about 10 servings so if you’re anything like me and eat all the time, you’ll have a few meals for 2-3 days.
Give it a go and make sure to come back and let me know how it turned out!