Say WHAT? Is Blitz toying with our taste buds and our emotions? Is this some kind of cruel joke? Is this a test?
BELIEVE IT! These whey protein and cottage cheese in these cookies will keep you going for hours, while the cinnamon helps to burn fat and balance blood sugar levels. Add whole-wheat flour, oats and walnuts to the mix, and BAM! A sweet treat that feels way more like a cheat!
Ready in 45 mins – Makes 38 servings
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or carob chips
- ½ walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine next 5 ingredients and whisk together with a fork, electric mixer or a food processor.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with a fork. Mix in oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an oiled or parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes until the cookies are slightly brown on top.
Nutrients per serving (2 cookies): Calories: 99, Total fats: 3g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 72 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 0 mg.