Eating clean doesn’t have to be boring and repetitive. On the contrary, there are many different fun and healthy recipes that you can make at home and in under 30 minutes!
These lemon protein bars are a great cake style snack that are low in calories but high in good proteins and carbs. Perfect for that mid afternoon craving or post workout snack!
Try them out and make sure to let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- 8 oz baby food applesauce
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light, in large bowl.
- Mix egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, applesauce and water in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray 8×8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 23 minutes.
Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving.
Fat: 1 gram
Carbs: 10 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Originally posted on bodybuilding.com