I didn’t really have a whole lot of time the other day to whip up a big meal for todays blog post so I thought I would share a healthy snack that takes less than 20min to make start to finish.
Just 4-5 spears of this roasted garlic asparagus packs a whopping 2.5g of protein & 5.5g of carbs which is a great boost to an already healthy meal of chicken and jasmine rice! Plus, if you like garlic you’ll LOVE how the asparagus and garlic blend together to give you a seriously addicting snack. I may have eaten half of this plate just minutes after pulling them out of the oven.
Here’s the ingredients that you’ll need to get started. Most of these you should have at home which makes this an even more convenient snack to make a few times a week.
1 pound of asparagus (about 15-20 spears)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Garlic powder to taste (approximately 1 tbsp)
- Black pepper to taste (approximately 1 tbsp)
Once you have all the ingredients out and ready to go, here’s the step-by-step for you to follow. If I can do this and not screw it up then you can definitely do this.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Trim bottom 1/2 inch of asparagus spears.
4. Place trimmed spears on cookie sheet.
5. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus.
6. Sprinkle minced garlic, garlic powder and black pepper over asparagus.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flip asparagus at 10 minutes.
8. Bake until asparagus and garlic are lightly browned.
- Serving size 4-5 spears
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 3.28g
- Carbs: 5.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
What do you think? Were they as good for you as they were for me?
If you’d like to learn more about the health benefits of asparagus make sure to read this article : 5 Powerful Health Benefits of Asparagus