4 Exercises You Can Do Anywhere: Week 6
Here’s another set of exercises that you can do anywhere, try them out and tell me what you think!
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try and perform all these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
1. Plank Jacks
- Lie face down with your forearms on the floor and hands together.
- Your legs are out straight and you rise up on your toes. Keep your back straight.
- Engage the core and hold.
- While on holding on your forearms begin to move your legs simultaneously out and then back in as if you were doing a jumping jack.
2. Lunge with Bicep Curls
- With weights in your hands, palms facing in, and feet hip-width apart.
- Step forward with your left leg bending 90 degrees at the hip and knee.
- Lower your body until the right knee is close to or touching the floor.
- Turn your palms forward and curl your hands up towards your shoulders.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with left leg.
- Try stepping back into the lunge for a different variation.
3. Weighted Woodchops
- Stand, feet a little wider than hips, keeping the knees slightly bent.
- Keep arms straight bringing the ball over your left shoulder and keep your core tight.
- Pull your abs into your spine to stabilize your center.
- Bring the ball down diagonally across your body toward your right knee. Rotate through the trunk, not twisting through the knees.
- Repeat until the time is up and then do the opposite side.
4. Side Lunge with Front Raise
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand palms in and at your sides.
- Take a large step out to the side while raising the dumbbells to shoulder height.
- Back to starting position, and then repeat for the other side with the other leg.
- Keep your knee from going past your toes as you lunge side to side.