Hey all! Here’s another set of whole body exercises that you can do anywhere, this is a step up in difficulty from last week.
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try and perform all these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
- With your hands on your hips and feet hip-width apart.
- Step forward with your left leg bending 90 degrees at the hip and knee
- Lower your body until the right knee is close to or touching the floor
- Return to the starting position and repeat with left leg
- Try stepping back into the lunge for a different variation.
2. Seated Rows:
- Secure a resistance band around your feet
- keep your legs out in front of you with your knees slightly bent
- grabbing the handles with palms facing in.
- Sitting up straight with core tight
- Pull the handles back keeping your arms tight to your body and squeezing the shoulder blades together
- Then let your arms come forward to the starting position
3. Side Lateral Raise:
- Standing with feet shoulder with apart, hands down to your sides with palms facing in, and weight in each hand.
- Engage your core and lift your arms up until they are parallel to the floor
- Bring your hands back down but fight the weight on the way down
4. Side Plank:
- laying on your side
- come up on one foot and elbow
- make sure your hips are lifted and the core is engaged, and hang tight for as long as you can
- relax and switch sides
- you can also modify this by resting on your knees instead of your leg
Try these exercises out and tell me what you think in the comment section below!