Hey All! Here’s another set of exercises that you can do anywhere, try them out and tell me what you think! The photos for this workout were taken at the playground beside the Kinsmen Sports Centre 9100 Walterdale Hill Northwest, Edmonton.
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try to perform these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
Chin Ups (Back/Biceps/Core)
- Standing under the bar reaching up with both hands, palms facing you, and grab the bar.
- Engage your core and with a gentle jump up, pull yourself up bringing your chin above the bar and lower back to starting. Repeat until time is up.
- If you need assistance start with the first step.
- Engage your core, grab the bar firmly, bend at the knees and cross at your ankles.
- Your partner then grabs you by the ankles.
- Then assists you up until you have cleared the bar.
Tricep Dips (Bars or Bench)
- Standing between parallel bars grabbing them with your palms facing in.
- Bend at the knees and cross at the ankles.
- Bending at the elbow and a slight lean forward lower yourself to a point that you know you can push yourself back to the starting position. Repeat until time is up.
- If you can’t do bar dips then use a bench for your dips.
Box Jumps (Glutes/Quads/Hamstrings/Calves)
- Standing in front of a box (solid platform) at a height that you are comfortable with.
- Lowering yourself into a squat position.
- When ready, jump from the squat position up to the top of the box following through to standing position. Repeat until time is up.
Offset Crossover Pushup (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders/Core)
- Start in a pushup position but with one hand on a solid object and the other on the ground.
- Engage your core and begin to push yourself up.
- As your arms straighten bring the one on the ground up and place it on top of the platform.
- Then shifting the other hand off and to the ground. Repeat until time is up.