Hi! I’m Paul O’Brien, one of the personal trainers from Blitz Conditioning. I thought I would give you a set of exercises that you can do anywhere, try them out and tell me what you think!
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try and perform all these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
1. Reverse Fly (upper back and shoulders)
- Using a pair of dumbbells, stand with your about feet hip-width apart.
- With your knees slightly bent and bending forward at your hips, let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, palms facing in. Core engaged.
- Raising your arms out to the sides as you squeeze your shoulder blades together. Repeat movement until time is up.
2. Dumbbell Cross Jab (biceps, triceps, front of shoulder, core)
- Standing with your feet a little wider than hip width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the dumbbells at chest height with your elbows bent, facing down, and palms facing each other.
- Extend your left arm across your body until your weight is lined up with your right shoulder.
- Return to start position and repeat with your right arm. Keep doing this until time is up.
3. Lying Triceps Extension
- Lying on your back on a bench or floor with a pair of dumbbells in your hands above your head, arms straight up and palms facing each other.
- Bending at your elbows only lower the dumbbells until they are at side of your head.
- Hold for a count of 2 and then lift back up to the starting position. Keep going until time is up.
4. Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
- Standing with a pair of dumbbells in your hands, arm straight down to your side, and palms facing forward.
- Bend at the elbows bringing weights to shoulder height.
- Turn palms facing forward again and then press weights straight up.
- Reverse the steps back to the start and repeat until time is up.