We’re back with some more exercises that you can do anywhere! This week is a small step up in difficulty compared to last week just to add a little more challenge! If you would like to revisit the last set of exercises click the link here.
Instead of repetitions, try intervals of 30 to 45 seconds of the exercise and 15 seconds of recovery. If you are just starting to exercise, try a 1 minute rest instead of 15 seconds.
Try and perform all these exercises one after the other 3 to 5 times.
Do these exercises 2-5 days a week.
- Find a step or bench, and place the right foot on the elevated surface.
- Step up until the right leg is straight and then return to start. Repeat, alternating legs.
2. Reverse Fly:
- You’ll need resistance for this one: dumbbells, resistance band or grab two cans or bottles of water.
- Standing straight, with one foot in front of the other and the front knee slightly bent and your palms facing each other and your core engaged, bend forward slightly from the waist
3. Triceps Dips:
- You’ll need a step or bench.
- Sitting on your step or bench with knees slightly bent
- grabbing the edge of it
- straighten the arms,
- bring yourself forward so that you have just enough room to bring your body down the front of the bench.
- Bend your arms to a 90-degree angle, and then straighten them again while the heels push towards the floor.
4. Bicycle Crunch:
- Lay down with your knees bent and your fingers touching the side of your head.
- Bring your knees in toward your chest and at the same time bring your right elbow towards your left knee as the right leg straightens.
- Keep alternating sides as if you’re peddling a bicycle.
Try these exercises out in this sequence for the next week and tell me what you think!